1. User Consent
2. A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
Our Services and Site are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
4. Types of Information We Collect.
So that we are clear about the terminology we are using, when we refer to "Personal Information" we mean information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. When we refer to "Anonymous Information" we mean information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not enable identification of or contact with individual persons.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Visitors and Members
- lf you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
- We may also collect Personal Information on the Site or through the Services when we make clear that we are collecting it and you voluntarily provide it, for example when you submit an application for employment.
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, physical mailing address, phone, email address, age, credit card number, ethnicity, gender, marital status, education level, interests, hobbies and password when you create an account on the Site ("Account").
- We retain information on your behalf and for compliance purposes, such information includes files and messages that you store using your Account and/or when you create a profile (your "Profile").
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), and domain name.
- We collect and store performance data generated by your algorithms when you use the platform to backtest, paper trade, and live trade.
- We may generate additional performance data from your algorithms for the purposes of (a) verifying that software platform changes do not change or break your algorithm and/or (b) analyzing standardized performance results.
5. Use of Personal Information
- Your Personal Information.
In general, Personal Information you submit to us regarding you or your company is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use such Personal Information in the following ways:
- to publish such Personal Information to Visitors, Members of the Site and Services, and visitors to other QuantSigma sites and platforms, but only when you make such Personal Information available in Common Areas of the Site and Services
- to facilitate communication with other Members of the Site and Services Services and other third parties that you designate to receive your Personal Information when you communicate with them through the Site and Services
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- to provide the Services you request;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- to send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- to suggest contacting (or friending) other Members of the Site that you may know;
- to share anonymized and/or aggregated algorithm performance statistics with third parties, for example potential investors or for marketing purposes;
- if you have opted in, to share with other organizations to help them contact you for marketing purposes;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other purposes;
- to market products, services and events to you that we believe may be of interest, both on and off the Site.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
- Visitors and Members of the Site.
As noted above in the How We Use Your Personal Information Section, we publish your Personal Information on the Site and Services on Common Areas of the Site and Services (and other QuantSigma platforms and sites) and facilitate communication with other Members of the Site (and other third parties) as you direct us through the Services.
Members have the opportunity to create a Profile on the Site and Services. Basic Profiles are available to all Visitors. Advanced profile features may permit the ability to make your advanced Profile available to all Visitors, to only Members or keep your Profile so it is not displayed to Visitors or Members.
- Third Party Service Providers.
We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of Accounts; process any payments; provide technical support; and/or provide other services to QuantSigma. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by QuantSigma. We may disclose certain Personal Information to third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, including to other Members or Visitors with whom you are collaborating.
- Third Party Brokers.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions.
- Other Disclosures.
7. Third Party Websites.
8. Control of Your Personal Information —Marketing Choices, Access, Correction, and Deletion
- Marketing Choices.
- Access and Correction.
You have the right to access or change any of the Personal Information in your Account that you provide to us by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below.
- Deletion Rights.
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud investigation or similar purposes.
9. Retention of Personal Information.
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless required or authorized by law or another legitimate interest of QuantSigma. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified.
10. Security of Your Personal Information.
QuantSigma is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while QuantSigma uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, QuantSigma cannot guarantee its absolute security. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may contact us to request information about the circumstances in which we share certain personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes and allow third parties to collect such information. To make this request, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section of this Policy.
12. Right to Lodge Complaints
We are transparent about the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Information, and welcome your questions and concerns. If you have any concern or complaint about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us as described below.
To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc. If you reside in the European Union, you can also get more information by contacting the EU Data Protection Supervisor, please see https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en
13. Contact Information.
Attn: Member Support
5880 SW 17th St.
Miami, FL 33155